Here’s one example of the small project that made a huge difference in the appearance and utility of the website.
I’ve been contacted by the local abstract art painter to fix couple of issues in the WordPress site.
- The site was using the theme, but almost every aspect of it was appearing unfinished.
- The portfolio gallery did not have the titles and border was assimetric.
- The logo of the website was plain text.
- Frnt page had just plain text paragrath and couple of portfolio images.
To bring this website a bit closer to perfection, the following was done:
- Added the new logo, that artist provided
- Added the favicon – the small symbol the the left of the title
- Added the big image with the ad for the upcoming event that artist was attending
- Fixed the titles and categories of the portfolio.
- Separated the sold and available works, so that it’s easy to see with the click of the button.
- Set the background from one of the paintings
- Found out and fixed the issue with Google indexing (site was not in the google index even after 1 year online)
Result – much more professional site and another happy client.